Interested in tutoring? There is no better way to improve a community than by giving people the power to improve their future. Helping an adult learn to read and write- or to speak English- is a profound experience that will enrich not only your life, but your student’s life as well.
- Be 18 years of age of older
- Have at least a high school diploma
- Be able to speak, read, and write the English language well enough to be able to communicate clearly
- Attend Tutor Training Sessions
- Pay a small onetime fee to cover training materials
- Commit to a year of tutoring. Generally once a week for two hours a week
Want to help, but can’t be a tutor? Don’t worry; there are many different volunteer opportunities at LVNRV.
There are lots of other more general jobs that we need help with too!
- Help with our annual Scrabble Tournament (TBA)
- Help with advertising, PR, and Outreach
- Write thank you letters to donors
- Help us raise money
- Provide technical and computer support to our office staff
- Office Cleaning
- Assist with tutor trainings
- Help with outreach to Pulaski, Floyd, and Giles Counties
If you are interested in any of these opportunities please call our offices at 540–392–7295 or e-mail us at LVNRV@verizon.net
Check our Calendar page for a list of upcoming volunteer activities!