Learn, grow, thrive
LVNRV provides free, confidential, and individualized tutoring to adults in basic reading and writing, English as a Second Language (ESL), and basic computer skills, and basic math. We have a learning center at our location at 195 West Main Street in Christiansburg, and provide tutoring at community locations in Floyd, Giles, Montgomery and Pulaski counties, and the City of Radford.
To receive tutoring you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Live in or near the New River Valley of Virginia
- Agree to meet with your tutor at least once a week
FOR FREE TUTORING, CALL 540-382-7262
Interested in tutoring?
There is no better way to improve a community than by giving people the power to improve their future. Helping an adult learn vital literacy skills is a profound experience that will enrich not only your life, but your student’s life as well.
- Be 18 years of age of older
- Have at least a high school diploma
- Be able to speak, read, and write the English language well enough to be able to communicate clearly
- Attend Tutor Training Sessions
- Commit to a year of tutoring, either once or twice a week, for one hour each session.
If you would like to know more about Tutoring with LVNRV, call our offices at 540–382-7262 or contact us.