Learn, Grow, Thrive!
LVNRV provides free, confidential tutoring to adults in basic reading, writing, math, pre-GED preparation, English as a Second Language (ESL), family literacy, basic computer skills, and job readiness skills. We have a learning center at 195 West Main Street in Christiansburg, and we offer tutoring at community-based locations in Floyd, Giles, Montgomery and Pulaski counties and the City of Radford.
Interested in receiving tutoring?
To receive tutoring you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Live in or near the New River Valley of Virginia
- Agree to meet with your tutor at least once a week
FOR FREE TUTORING, CALL 540-382-7262
Interested in providing tutoring?
There is no better way to improve a community than by giving people the power to improve their future. Helping an adult learn vital literacy skills is a profound experience that will enrich not only your life, but your student’s life as well.
- Be 18 years of age of older
- Have at least a high school diploma
- Be able to speak, read, and write the English language well enough to be able to communicate clearly
- Attend Tutor Training Sessions
- Commit to a year of tutoring, either once or twice a week, for one hour each session.
If you would like to know more about Tutoring with LVNRV, visit our volunteer tab or call our offices at 540–382-7262.