ESOL Tutor Training Videos
Total Physical Response: Foreign Language Demonstration (13 min.)
- This video helps English speakers understand what it’s like to be in the role of a learner when the instructor is using Total Physical Response (TPR). In the first part, Whole Body Movements, the instructor teaches English-speaking adults to carry out verbal commands in Indonesian related to standing, sitting, walking, and turning around. In the second part, Expanding Vocabulary, the instructor uses different verbal commands to teach the Indonesian words for body parts and two pieces of furniture. When he is sure the learners understand these spoken words, the instructor begins to teach them to read the same words.
Teaching Vocabulary in ESOL--Part 1: (3 min.)
- Watch an instructor use TPR to teach the names of coins to a beginning English speaker who is not yet expected to speak the words herself.
Teaching Vocabulary in ESOL--Part 2: (8 min.)
- The instructor in this video uses a vocabulary drill to help adult ESOL learners practice new words in English. The learners use the actual items to work on the words comb, brush, toothbrush, and soap.
Teaching ESOL with Pictures: (13 min.)
- This video shows how an instructor uses a photograph to reinforce basic English vocabulary and then expands on the activity to help adult ESOL learners create a role play related to the photo.
ESOL Links to Online Resources
- Discounted Internet offers, computer purchase offers, and training locations in your area.
- An online learning platform that will teach students the basic Internet skills needed to find a job.
Tech Tips for Teachers
- Tips on how to incorporate You Tube to reinforce instruction.
Great Resources for Teaching & Learning English
- ESLgold.com provides thousands of free resources and information for both students and teachers. All materials are organized by skill level for quick and easy access, Just click on a link to get started.